Syndax is currently looking for a dynamic Senior Administrative Assistant to support several members of Senior Management as well as the Human Resources Team. We are a small team people, culturally diverse, with a common goal of always keeping the patient in mind. In this role you will have exposure to all members and all levels of the Syndax team, where you can demonstrate your unique skills and play a critical role in the success of the organization.
- Responsible for administrative support to/and responding to the needs of the Chief Financial Officer; the VP, Program Management; the Human Resource team and other senior staff as required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: scheduling and calendar management, meeting arrangements, manage incoming and outgoing written and verbal correspondence, proactively coordinate team and project team meetings and materials, travel arrangements, compile expense reports, etc.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide logistical support for internal and external business meetings, workshops, conferences and partnering meetings
- Communicate collaboratively with staff in functions such as Finance, Regulatory, Project Management, HR, and with Syndax staff located at sites other than headquarters, to ensure resources, information, and projects are coordinated
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of meeting agendas and other materials, as needed
- Attend staff meetings; may take meeting minutes for some meetings
- Coordinate and arrange detailed domestic/international travel schedules and itineraries including airline, hotel, car, restaurant reservations and/or conference registrations
- Work on ad-hoc projects as assigned: document production, deck creation, research, training and onboarding initiatives, event planning and more
- Collaborate with other Syndax administrative and operations staff to coordinate activities and provide back-up coverage for company-wide administrative support
- Be available at occasionally for various off-hours business related tasks
- Working closely with the Human Resources team, be responsible for creating a positive candidate experience by coordinating recruiting activities such as scheduling candidates, managing logistics on the day of interviews
- Maintain and prepare reports and organization charts
- Manage new hire orientations; Ensure that information flows to other functions to enable the new hires successful onboarding
- Coordinate company-wide events such as the monthly brown bag lunch program, training activities, annual benefits open enrollment and other engagement activities
- Work closely with the accounting department to ensure employee benefit enrollment is accurate
- Ensure compliance of human resource and benefit documentation; Maintain employee files
- AS or BS Degree with at least 5-8 years related experience in progressively responsible administrative roles; experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical organization is a plus
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. A good sense of humor is critical!
- Ability to contribute as both an independent, self-starter and a collaborative team member
- Top-notch organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Must have a high degree of professionalism and experience having access to confidential and personal information
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with web-based programs such as GoToMeeting, Concur, Amex Global Business Travel, etc. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills
- Willing and able to travel occasionally for business